We recently had the opportunity to visit Bald Head Island (again!) and this visit was extra special since we had family visiting which included our new grandbaby, Liam Carmine. This was his first visit to the Carolinas so our 3 days on BHI was a real treat!
If you’ve never visited Bald Head, you really need to add it to your list of ‘must visit.’ For us, living along the Carolina shore, it’s an amazing vacation spot given the very short drive to Southport and the ferry over to the island. Once on the island, even with its close proximity to the mainland, there is an otherworldly feeling! The deafening silence on the island because of no vehicles induces an immediate sense of calm and tranquility.
The 3 days we spent on the island gave me the opportunity to shoot hundreds of photos under picture-perfect blue skies, starry nights and a full moon rising! I’ll save those photos for a subsequent article because I want to focus on where we stayed in order to provide you with some information should you decide to include BHI in your vacation planning.
There are abundant lodging choices across the island, some large enough to accommodate multi-family, multi-generational visits! If you have a small group as we did, there are some wonderful & affordable choices as well. For this trip, we chose a condo in the Bald Head Villas property, a fairly large villa complex sandwiched in between the BHI golf course and the Atlantic ocean facing south at South Beach. The villa was, in a word, fabulous! Here are what we found to be the property’s best attributes:
- A short 8 to 10-minute golf cart ride from the marina, ferry terminal, shopping, and restaurants
- Room enough to accommodate up to 7 people with 1 king size bed, 1 queen and 3 twins (one of which is bunk style)
- A 200-yard walk across the street to the beach!
- Walk (or take your cart) right around the corner to the BHI golf club facility.
- A 10-minute cart ride to Maritime Market where you will find all your grocery needs for your stay, not to mention an in-house restaurant serving various meals to eat or take out throughout the day.
- Two – 4 passenger electric golf carts for your use during your stay.
You can find all the details, pricing, etc for this villa by visiting their HomeAway listing page here.
If you’ve thought about visiting the island but have hesitated for some reason, we’d be happy to give you our thoughts & opinions. Simply reach out to us below through the contact form.
Just below we’ve included a gallery of photos of the villa to give you a good idea of just what awaits you. I should remind you….we have no connection whatsoever with this villa or its owners and we gain nothing by anyone renting it. Our intention is simply to give you an option for a wonderful island vacation.
The gallery was not found!